Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I think android's instagram caught up with ios's with the latest udpate.

The original photos are taken by a D5100 Camera. Sent the photos via facebook in messages through my computer. Save the photos in the devices (through facebook) then posted pics on instagram. I extracted the photos via iconosquare for comparison. What do you think guys? Android's instagram finally caught up with ios's instagram in terms of image processing? Btw devices are Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5S

I have attached the images also a .rar file so you can see it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I think android's instagram caught up with ios's with the latest udpate.-comparisson-2-.jpg   I think android's instagram caught up with ios's with the latest udpate.-comparisson.jpg   I think android's instagram caught up with ios's with the latest udpate.-compare-without-advance-2-.jpg   I think android's instagram caught up with ios's with the latest udpate.-compare-advance-2-.jpg   I think android's instagram caught up with ios's with the latest udpate.-compare-ios-2-.jpg  

I think android's instagram caught up with ios's with the latest udpate.-compare-ios.jpg   I think android's instagram caught up with ios's with the latest udpate.-compare-advance.jpg   I think android's instagram caught up with ios's with the latest udpate.-compare-without-advance.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB

Default Re: I think android's instagram caught up with ios's with the latest udpate.

Nice comparison! In my experience, Instagram has been very good at processing images for a few months (it gave me a lot of issues when the S4 came out, but has worked just fine since I got the Note 3). However, the problem with that is that not all Android phones can take the Advance Processing. iPhones, being hardware-controlled by a single company, allows them to have the very same experience (most of the time) on the same model phone. In Android, the cost of customization is that not all apps behave the same in different hardwares and Android 'flavors' (although, if the dev does the coding just right, they may avoid these issues).