Replacement for Facebook app?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I would be interested in this too, especially since Bloo is no longer listed in the Market or AppBrain.

Doc

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
bloo is the closest thing to a full facebook experience in one app (excluding mobile versions of the website). development fell off because the original dev was no longer supporting it and tried to find someone to take over development. I guess nobody ever did.

Tweetdeck integrates some aspects of facebook (and twitter of course) but is really only good for reading the feed and commenting. Not much else that you can't do in the facebook app.

Rambler358

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
how about tweetdeck?
Yeah, TweetDeck is a good choice and notifications actually work for Facbook. The last update to Facbook added Places, and that's all I really wanted except for notifications. There's an f-plus app on the market that should hopefully get notifications for Facebook working soon.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
check out F+ notifications, it integrates well with the facebook for android and gives seemless notifications. The developer keeps updating the app and it now includes places and picture uploading. If an item say a picture can not be opened using facebook for android, it will open up the touch site.

also check out pure messenger.

Sinamn2224

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I use the launcherpro fb widget for news feed...it opens directly to the app too, which is nice.....f+ for notifications...and go chat for chat. They all tie together nicely until the app itself serves more functional.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I use the launcherpro fb widget for news feed...it opens directly to the app too, which is nice.....f+ for notifications...and go chat for chat. They all tie together nicely until the app itself serves more functional.

I do something similiar, instead of launcherpro fb widget, I use pure messenger widget (just facebook selected in settings) along with F+ and go chat. I purchased launcher pro and like it, but find unstable at times.

Rambler358

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
F+ is nice and I have it, but it still doesn't do push notifications for news feed posts. Tweetdeck does this however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thewhitecarno