Onstar nav through Google maps, app?

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Okay, so GM Onstar and Google just recently updated both of their services to allow routes to be sent from Google Maps to your Onstar account for vehicles equipped with Onstar Navigation. This is 10x nicer, since before whatever the onstar representative set up for you was the way you were going, and rerouting was kind of a pain.

My question is:

Is there an app for Android phones that allows you to send directions from your PHONE to the Onstar account, rather than from a PC?

If not, would it be possible to write one?

The new functionality is great (Go to maps.google.com from a PC, enter your starting/ending address, get the directions, click send in the top right corner, select CAR, than enter your Onstar info) but usually if I need Navigation I am lost out and about or need directions to somewhere I have been and just don't know the best route to get there.

Thanks

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
That looks cool and all, but my truck is a 5 month old 2010, and is too old to work with Onstar MyLink app. :mad: Are there any useful workarounds or apps that can send google nav directions to onstar from the phone?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm in same boat. My 2010 avalanche is 2 months old and onstar saying sorry your truck is old technology.

HK_Money

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am an OnStar employee and can tell you that we hear all of you who have a 2010 vehicle and are looking to use the MyLink app. We love the enthusiasm everyone has with this and we are excited by it. We are working quickly on getting the 2010 vehicles working with the MyLink app and will have something in Q1 2011. Stay tuned.

Nimocone

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious to know why this wouldn't be backwards compatible. I have a '07 Sierra and '09 CTS with OnStar and would love to use the app.

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am an OnStar employee and can tell you that we hear all of you who have a 2010 vehicle and are looking to use the MyLink app. We love the enthusiasm everyone has with this and we are excited by it. We are working quickly on getting the 2010 vehicles working with the MyLink app and will have something in Q1 2011. Stay tuned.

I hope so, or I will have a hard time renewing a $320 subscription in May. But, that's not the point of this thread. Is there currently any way to send directions or destinations to the onstar account from the phone instead of a PC? I haven't tried mapquest, but Google maps doesn't work from google's mobile browser. :confused::)

markyflies

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site

How about showing some love for my 2008 Silverado. Love having OnStar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan