What is the best way to back up your smartphone?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What are you trying to backup? Just pics/videos?
G+ gives you more free storage last I checked, so that's what I use.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I think Titanium Backup Pro is the best way, but you need root access for it to work

If he has root (and custom recovery), the best way is a nandroid backup. But he asked about Google+/Dropbox, so I'm assuming he wants to backup just photos and not his entire system.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I use Google... There's a lot of added value and tight integration. The Photos app blends local and cloud pics and Google+ adds some photo management, not to mention Picasa.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
If he has root (and custom recovery), the best way is a nandroid backup. But he asked about Google+/Dropbox, so I'm assuming he wants to backup just photos and not his entire system.

Yeah you are right but I didn't assume he has a custom recovery too. Personally I'm just so used to TBP and TWRP because I think its the safest and best way.

in terms of online I don't know and certainly don#t trust the cloud so :)

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm cheap. I use nandroid. There's nothing valuable on my tablet anyway. Just a way to roll back changes when I go trying different stuff ☺

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The best way to backup your phone is to stand over his shoulder and look intimidating.

Posted via Android Central App

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I use myBackup Pro and cloud accounts in addition to Google Drive on Box, Bitcasa, Copy as well as a few others.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"What is the best way to back up your smartphone?"

Be sure to practice backing up as you learn how to operate a cell phone. Find an empty mall parking lot and try various turns. Practice backing into parking spaces. After each attempt get off of the phone and see how you are positioned in the space. Make this a part of your Learn to Phone Checklist.

In the parking lot do a 360 degree circle going forward and study the area it takes to create the circle. Now do a 360 degree circle backing up. You will notice the phone turns much sharper and creates a much smaller circle when backing up. Keep this in mind if you are ever in a situation where you have limited calling room.

During your phoning test you will be asked to back up and stop when told. Keep your eyes looking to the rear until the phone stops. Your call examiner will be looking for this.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The best way to backup your phone is to stand over his shoulder and look intimidating.

Posted via Android Central App

"What is the best way to back up your smartphone?"

Be sure to practice backing up as you learn how to operate a cell phone. Find an empty mall parking lot and try various turns. Practice backing into parking spaces. After each attempt get off of the phone and see how you are positioned in the space. Make this a part of your Learn to Phone Checklist.

In the parking lot do a 360 degree circle going forward and study the area it takes to create the circle. Now do a 360 degree circle backing up. You will notice the phone turns much sharper and creates a much smaller circle when backing up. Keep this in mind if you are ever in a situation where you have limited calling room.

During your phoning test you will be asked to back up and stop when told. Keep your eyes looking to the rear until the phone stops. Your call examiner will be looking for this.

Finally two more twerps like me who enjoy taking a tempting thread title literally.

Don't be afraid to show your silly but creative side!
Nice posts.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

benjllama

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I had to do a factory reset recently and I used helium to backup all my app data. It doesn't require root and I found it worked pretty well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Netbe

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I use Wondershare MobileGo ant it is one of the easiest ways to connect phone and PC. It covers pictures, videos, and other media in its backups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz