Can't change the date of a calendar event from phone?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Google Calendar on my phone sometimes allows me to change the date, sometimes it doesn't. I wonder if I can change the events that I enter from the phone, but not the desktop? I haven't researched this completely.

Has anyone else experienced this?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Am I alone on this? It seems like I can edit the events that I originally entered from my phone, but can't edit the major aspects (time, date, etc.) of events that were entered from the desktop.

THis is a big inconvenience, as there are plenty of times when I need to change the date of an event when all I have is my phone, but can't.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
are these events that you wish to edit--repeating or one time?
if they're repeating, it'll have to be done on desktop (or, change them to one time event and then edit)
if it's only one time events--they can be changed on the phone

tap calendar--tap event--menu--edit event--scroll down to REPETITION and change to ONE TIME EVENT--now click on the FROM date
this should be the resolution.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
are these events that you wish to edit--repeating or one time?
if they're repeating, it'll have to be done on desktop (or, change them to one time event and then edit)
if it's only one time events--they can be changed on the phone

tap calendar--tap event--menu--edit event--scroll down to REPETITION and change to ONE TIME EVENT--now click on the FROM date
this should be the resolution.

Ok, this solution didn't solve it exactly, but put me on the right path... Thanks!

Here's the situation...

Yes, these are events that are repeating. I thought it was more than just the repeating events, but upon second look it seems to be just those that are repeating.

And yes, it looks like if I want to change the entire series of repeating events, I have to do that from the desktop. However, if I want to change just one event of the series, I tap on the event, choose edit event, then choose "just this event". Then I have to click save, which gets me out of the edit screen, then click back on edit event and then I can change the date/time.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
i wonder if you're not hitting "save" after you edit it?

also - try Jorte. much better than stock Calendar app.

Jorte - Home

Thanks for the reply. Actually, hitting save is the only thing I found that breaks it out of its lock. At least, for a one-time event change. At first, I was going in and trying to edit it, and then seeing that I couldn't, I'd just cancel or back out of it. It was only after saving it after saying "edit just this event", that broke it out from the rest and allowed me to edit.

So, you're telling me you don't have this problem? You hav entered in a repeating event from your desktop and then can edit that event on your phone?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon