Wifi Tether Router not working properly

Raguvian

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a Moto G LTE XT1045 on Tmobile's network with the unlimited everything plan. I've rooted the phone and am using the Wifi tether router app. I can't post links yet but it's by Fabio Grasso on the play store.

Most of it works fine, but I cannot set a password on it. Every time I input a password and save it, the app itself updates the password, but I'm not asked for a password when connecting to the phone's network, and it shows up as an unlocked network on the computer. Obviously this has a lot of security issues, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this?

Or, are there any other good wifi hotspot apps I should look at? The play store has a ton of these apps, so I don't want to waste time trying all of them. I wouldn't mind doing a USB tether either.

Thanks a lot!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
On my Moto X I just use the built in tethering and the password on that works fine. Although I didn't need root for that.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The problem is T-Mobile limits you to 5gb for tethering.

I have the old data plan with unlimited data but without tethering. There is a loop hole in the T-mobile contract that does not find tethering on a non-rooted device as a violation. I think this is why the unlimited data plan without tethering was removed. But they did add the unlimited with 7gb tether.

Is there a data plan any where that offers unlimited tether?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey