Phone locator pro or other phone locating app?

MartinRW

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for an app that can locate a phone (just ring or email or text it rather than wiping it,etc as I already have wavesecure for that).

For my texting purposes, I use Google Voice and have regular text messaging blocked on my phone as I do not want to pay for it.

It's my understanding that Phone Locator Pro works by texting to your phone, but doesn't appear to work with GV . Is it possible to set it up to do so ?

If not, is there another program I could use?

My mother is looking for one her Droid 2 and she doesn't even have texting at all, so she would like it to email her it's location,etc.

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
Huh. I use Where's My Droid, but I think it uses text messaging only. It'll send you back GPS info of its location or, even if in silent mode, ring really loud. But, again, it's all via SMS.

retnuh

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
The Lookout security app will help you find your phone if it's misplaced in your general vicinity by activating the ringer. Also, it will locate it on your navigation map if it's stolen. Plus you get virus protection.

MartinRW

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Huh. I use Where's My Droid, but I think it uses text messaging only. It'll send you back GPS info of its location or, even if in silent mode, ring really loud. But, again, it's all via SMS.
Do you know if it will work with Google Voice as the text messenger recipient?