An email app that can actually properly load html images?

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got the samsung epic 4g and to my dismay the stock android app force closes whenever I hit the "show picture" button for html images in my email. I downloaded k9 to replace the stock android email app, but it is extremely difficult to scroll and zoom in and out in emails. Does anyone know any email app clients that can load html images in the email without any viewing problems? Thanks.

Goldwinger

May 8, 2010
Visit site
You're going to hate me, but the best I've found is Profimail.

Costly, different, but does a good job and has lots of configuration options.

Goldwinger
Droid X

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
You're going to hate me, but the best I've found is Profimail.

Costly, different, but does a good job and has lots of configuration options.

Goldwinger
Droid X

It is definitely different, it didn't load some of my pictures from html email messages.

Last edited:

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had good luck with Improved Email loading Html images.

Note that if you install, it will be listed as Mail.

Doc

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried MailDroid? It's another free email app that is very well liked in the android world. I've always used the stock gmail app and never had any trouble. Are the images you're trying to view particularly large?

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not using gmail I'm using aol. Maildroid doesn't work for html images and improved email doesn't work for the epic 4g because I believe you need 2.2 (but I would need clarification on that)

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not using gmail I'm using aol. Maildroid doesn't work for html images and improved email doesn't work for the epic 4g because I believe you need 2.2 (but I would need clarification on that)

Yes, it does work for HTML images. However, you either need to click menu --> show images or set show images all the time in the preferences section.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma