Is there an App to tell what I can transfer to the SD Card?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there an App that will let me know which of the installed Apps can be transfered to the SD Card instead of having to go through every App I have?

Also, in general, what is the minimum amount of internal phone storage should you have free so as not to have any problems with your phone or does it not matter?

Thanks,

Doc

sonickev

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
app2sd scans your installed apps and identifies which have the move to SD ability.

Note that the move to SD does not necessarily move the entire app to the SD, it may just move some of it, or just the data, etc.

From my own experience on the Nexus one, anything below about 22Mbytes seems to run into problems

Also note, that when your card is mounted over USB, all apps that have been moved to the SDcard will not be available., also, you need to be more careful to mount, disconnect and unmount the card if you have apps on there because some apps don't work very well if you suddnly cut the SDcard out of the phone when you mount it.

Last edited:

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I no longer mount my device as an external drive. There are a number of applications that allow you to move files around via the home nutwork or Bluetooth.

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sonickev,

Thanks for the information. I started moving apps slowly to the SD card and found that while you can move them, some do not like to be moved. I found that Jorte would no longer load the widget when the app was on the SD card.

As to mounting the SD card, I do not plan on running anything on the phone when it is hooked up to the computer. I always make sure to use the "Safely Remove Hardware" in Windows or the "Unmount" command in Ubuntu. If I run into a problem I will most likely just restart the phone.

Thanks again.

Doc

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Also, in general, what is the minimum amount of internal phone storage should you have free so as not to have any problems with your phone or does it not matter?
There's really no magic number. It depends on your usage. The 22MB stated above isn't a bad starting point but it may not be ideal for all situations either.

Thanks for the information. I started moving apps slowly to the SD card and found that while you can move them, some do not like to be moved. I found that Jorte would no longer load the widget when the app was on the SD card.
I'm surprised no one said don't move widgets to the SD card. Anything you need immediately on startup shouldn't be moved either as the SD card isn't immediately availalble on startup.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
App 2 SD works great. If you download a new app it will tell you if you can move it to your SD card. You don't even have to launch the app. Take it for a spin and see if you like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol