Android Infiltration: Gingerbread Rollout Tracking App

newtronco

Nov 17, 2010
www.androidinfiltration.com
I created the app Android Infiltration to help you (and everyone) keep track of where Gingerbread and future updates have shown up so far.

When Froyo was released back in May 2010, the forums on every Android related site began filling up with speculation and rumor about when the release was coming to additional devices. Even when the device specific release dates were announced over the following months, forums and comments were overflowing with "Does anyone have Froyo yet?" or "I don't have it, but someone I work with does" posts. The goal of this app is to help alleviate some of the mystery.

qrcodesm.png

Feedback and suggestions are more than welcome!

Thanks
-newtronco

Last edited:

newtronco

Nov 17, 2010
I've had one comment so far in the market and it is a request to add location. I'm not sure how I would actually use that data. Also, I'd rather not open that can of permissions... What do you think? Is that something you want me to compile somehow?

I've just finished some interesting (to me) updates, cleaned up the UI and added a few features. I hope to have that on the market tomorrow before I head out of town for the weekend, but it's looking unlikely.

newtronco

Nov 17, 2010
I've had a LOT of downloads over the last couple of days (thanks!) along with some great ratings on the market (ditto), but I haven't seen much feedback in the form of comments.
Have you downloaded the app yet? What do you think it's missing?

Thanks

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Just downloaded this app and it's a very nifty idea! My one suggestion I think I have for right now would maybe adding an actual percentage next to each version if possible? That might make it even more clear just exactly how Android is broken up.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Awesome! That definitely makes it a bit more clear. I think the only other thing I just noticed was if you go into individual devices breakdowns, or if you click on to check your device in, there seems to be no way to backtrack into the overall breakdown without closing the app and re-opening it.

Unless of course I am just missing something. That's entirely possible :p

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Excellent idea for an app. If I were you I would see if you can get this thing on the android central front page. The more devices with this the better. Great job.

newtronco

Nov 17, 2010
Version 1.59 is on the market.
-Added confirmation of the release codename you currently have.
-Behind the scenes graph enhancements.
-Graphs now show ROMs so total will equal 100%
-Added a "Full List" to allow you to choose almost any device to see stats.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay