Gmail fetching but not retrieving from POP3

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. Last week I set up my gmail to fetch my mail from my POP3 account at work. It has been working fine until today, gmail is fetching but not retreiving my mail. If I log in to my Gmail account and go the account settings tab it shows that it is fetching in the history but it is not retrieving any mail. Even if I click check mail now, still nothing comes through. Is this on Gmail's end or is it mine? I have 40 emails in my work account that Gmail has not received, any ideas? Thanks

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey Doc. It happens on both my PC and phone. I went back to stock htc app for now, I rely on my email for work and I can't have hiccups like this. If it happens on both my PC and phone I'm not sure where to start. I don't know if it would be on Gmail's end or maybe it's my pop3 account. It's just odd that it worked great for 6 days then all of sudden it just stopped. It is fetching every 4 minutes but nothing comes through. I now have 63 emails on the POP3 server at work and none of them have come through. Any suggestions?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The fact that is is happening on your computer leads me to think that this is not a phone issue. The problem is either with Google or with the email account you are forwarding to Gmail via pop.

As it is your work account I would first check with the IT people there and see if they changed any settings that would cause this.

Doc