URGENT: Some system apps disabled, and now I can't get past the lock screen or access data

RJDG14

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I was playing around with disabling apps for pure curiosity over what would happen if I disabled built in apps. I've now found by disabling Google Search, Voice Search, Keyboard and Face Recognition that I cannot get into my Moto G any way. It works - my data is on it - but there is no way for me to get past the authentication screen, and the launcher won't work. Is there any way for me to re-enable these disabled apps externally, or at the very least back up my data? I urgently need help on this... Please answer as soon as possible.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Just a thought. Try calling yourself (phone, Viber, Skype, whatever you have) . Maybe you could have a chance of going to the settings answering.

RJDG14

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Except that I can only make emergency calls when locked out. In the end, I chose to reinstall Android, since most of my apps were backed up and I didn't have many photos. But do you know a way from which I can refrain from the temptation to disable the keyboard in the future? Why have Google considered the prevention for disabling the keyboard, since without it, there's a strong risk of being locked out of the system?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, I meant calling yourself from another phone of course. Glad you've got your phone back, and factory reset was the most likely fix. A pity though.

For keyboard. Install a third party one (SwiftKey is my favorite). You're going to like it and it'll be a way to prevent being without one.

It seems you don't like (or use) google search. Don't disable it again. :)

If you don't want the persistent bar use a launcher as Nova and hide it. Having an extra launcher will avoid future disasters. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol