Hangouts + Google voice = 0 Notifications

rich_halvorson

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Title says it all. Cant find the search for threads in the mobile site but I have been googling around, I can find others with this problem but no solution. Anyone else still seeing this? Any solutions. It is happening on both my note 3 and my wives s3. Ive tried many settings but can't seem to receive a notification

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem with either. I use Nova Launcher, Light Flow, and Missed It! together and get all notifications perfectly. I've heard that Hangouts was having problems with Unread counts but mine is working just fine. Good luck!

rich_halvorson

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, so to confirm you were using google voice before on your phone for SMS / calls and have now migrated to Hangouts and you are receiving notifications for Google Voice SMS messages? Do you still have google voice installed as well? I would like to uninstall it in case it is part of the problem but I need it to make outgoing calls from my regular dialer.

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I still have Google Voice installed but don't use it anymore. I could probably disable it now that I'm happy with Hangouts. Just last night they updated Hangouts, Nova Launcher, and Tesla Unread. I still don't like the way that Tesla Unread counts every missed notification even if there is only one message. That's why I use Missed It for my unread counts.

rich_halvorson

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ive got the update and still no notifications not sure why it isn't working but clearing cache and data didn't help.

I tried some troubleshooting of disabling notifications changing sounds as well and still no visual or audio notifications. This is frustrating.

rich_halvorson

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured it out and will post it here in case someone else comes accross this.
I was in the application manager to clear cache / data one more time and realized notifications were turned off here. I don't remember turning this off but probably did before gv integration as I didn't care to receive spam carrier sms messages for the phones number which I never use.
A very dumb thing to miss but I never thought of looking here and I didn't find anything else out there pointing to this.

PossumPete

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Congrats! You would think that by working within the app itself for notifications that it would automatically force notifications but Noooooo...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech