Exchange -> Google Calendar One-Way Sync?

johnjohntc

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
My Android devices have access to both my Exchange Calendar and my Google Calendars. That means on my mobile device, I have a single-view of my schedule. When I'm at my desktop, I don't. Is there an Android App that will do a one-way sync from my Exchange Calendar to a specific Google Calendar? I would just use "Publish to Internet" but my organization has that turned off. And I can't share outside of my organisation.

Ultimately, the goal is to then share available/busy/location information with my family from Google Calendar.

Trying gSyncit currently. It runs on a PC/laptop syncing from Outlook to Google. Sub-optimal, as it requires the laptop to be running and Internet-connected in order for the sync to happen. If I'm on the road, making a late appointment while my laptop is asleep, no sync happens and my family doesn't get visibility into my whereabouts and status.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I remember there was a Google tool that allowed you do to just that...

Here, I found the article I used before, but I can't find the ACTUAL tool... I'll keep looking, but there are a ton of other PAID options. This one, at least, came straight from Google and was free...

UPDATE: Here it is. It seems it's no longer in development so no guarantees. But like you say, this does need to have your computer ON for the sync to happen. Other than publishing your Outlook calendar to the web or having a proper sync account, you can't do it otherwise.
http://google-calendar-sync.en.softonic.com/

johnjohntc

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I settled on gsyncit, which is free for a single calendar. It's not perfect, as it seems to delete everything previously sync'd before starting a new one, then will pause for a confirmation on removals. The result being, if one's away from the computer during an auto-sync, all the event will be removed, compromising the entire point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463