Inbox for Gmail....I don't get it

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So I got the invite and have started to play with it, I just don't understand what its supposed to do or why I should start using it. You can swipe away emails when you're 'done' with them, which is fine, but it just pushes up the previous emails to be actioned.

Over the 10 years I've had my Gmail account, you could imagine I've amassed thousands of emails, do they expect me to swipe away constantly till the Inbox is empty? As far as I can tell there no 'swipe everything' action. I've swiped a lot away, so now its showing my emails from July this year and I can't be bothered swiping or ticking that marker any more.

Kinda don't get the point of it. I like that you can set a reminder or pin an email to action it, but this is something that could easily be added to the regular gmail app.

I feel like I'm missing something here. I feel like if it didn't junk up the main page with the thousands of emails I've amassed, it might be easier to keep track of what's going on.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I guess you could go to the regular Gmail and select all in your inbox and archive them all. The all your emails are "done". But, I also don't see the big hoopla about Inbox. The only thing I really like is setting reminders when emails reappear in your inbox.

I don't know how to do some things like in regular Gmail. For example, if I want to attach multiple labels to an email, I am not sure how that works. For now I switched back to the regular Gmail.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I guess you could go to the regular Gmail and select all in your inbox and archive them all. The all your emails are "done". But, I also don't see the big hoopla about Inbox. The only thing I really like is setting reminders when emails reappear in your inbox.

I don't know how to do some things like in regular Gmail. For example, if I want to attach multiple labels to an email, I am not sure how that works. For now I switched back to the regular Gmail.

Oh crap....

I didn't realise that by swiping away something as 'done' it archives it....

Great, now I have to un-archive everything.

Well, time to uninstall Inbox. Useless app for me. I don't archive emails so inbox doing that is of no use to me.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
The update to Gmail just hit my Note 4 about an hour ago. So far I like what I see.

I finally got off my lazy **** and got around to archiving 10 years worth of email, too. Did it from a PC though, so I could "select all" and get it done quickly.

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The update to Gmail just hit my Note 4 about an hour ago. So far I like what I see.

I finally got off my lazy **** and got around to archiving 10 years worth of email, too. Did it from a PC though, so I could "select all" and get it done quickly.

The update to Gmail or the update to Inbox?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Gmail update. It looks a lot like the inbox screen shots, so I was figuring that's what happened.

No?