inbox by Google

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Just got my invite but is it worth using as I have the new gmail app at the minute?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I'm not seeing huge advantages over the Gmail app, and I don't even have the newer Gmail app yet.

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I really like Inbox. Go ahead and give it a try. It is different but I found it works great.
I have been using it for a few days now and really like the way it has you interact with e-mails. So right now I am using my new Gmail app for Yahoo mail and Inbox for my Gmail. I wish I could through my yahoo in Inbox as well.
The web version of Inbox is pretty cool too. I just noticed today it has a little hangouts integration on the side where I can see text messages.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One issue with Inbox is that I can't send a group email to one of my Gmail contact groups. I sent them feedback on this.

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Tracy Cameron. Sure I will. I'll give it a go. Suppose there is no harm in trying

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In Inbox on your computer browser, hover over the big red circle with the plus sign at the lower right. If you have Invites to send, one of the options that comes up should be an Invite icon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check again in a little bit. When I first looked, I didn't have one. Then a couple days later, they popped up.

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I used Inbox for 1 day on my phone and on my computer. I really, really disliked it. I'm just not a fan of having the app automatically lump my emails in different places. I felt like I was missing things. Lo and behold, when I went back to regular gmail, I found things that I had missed.

Nice try, Google, and I do appreciate the attempt, but I think this one is going the way of Wave.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I really like the whole concept but found that it's really difficult to use both Gmail and Inbox at the same time (because of the bundling and sorting). I'm really trying to just use Inbox but there are features I miss like individual sounds for labels. I'm going to try giving it a chance though. I'm guessing that Google will ultimately integrate Inbox features into Gmail and make it one program...Just my thought...

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I got my invite confirmation the same day i got the updated gmail app...i dont like Inbox at all, over complicates things. The new gmail app is excellent, so i uninstalled Inbox and thoroughly enjoying gmail for all my accounts now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui