Is there an app that lets you restrict access to specific phone settings?

telstrareg

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I want to be able to control access to specific settings (e.g. brightness, location sharing, language, whatever) without preventing access to settings globally. Is there any way of doing this?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What device do you have?
Why are you wanting to restrict access to just those settings?

Honestly I have not ever seen a menu that allows locking of anything beyond security settings. A quick Google didn't turn up any relevant results either, however you may be able, depending on your device, to empower parental controls. I've been surprised to see some of the high dollar devices that have this feature. There are also some carriers that offer parental controls in the form of apps that can be placed on a device. Verizon's Family Base costs extra per-month but does restrict access to some features, are they the ones you are looking to restrict, some possibly, do you want to pay for something when you can simply not open the menu and not make any changes, I can't answer that.

GL

telstrareg

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The reason I want to do this is because I have to keep track of a cute child who's been getting himself into a lot of trouble . Previously I could track him with a monitoring application however now he just disables location sharing on the phone every time he goes where he is not supposed to.

I wish there was some way of stopping him from disabling location sharing without making his phone unusable.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm sorry it had to be that way. Not sure if your provider would have anything to help with that, but Verizon's family base had a child app that I'm pretty sure let's you remotely do what ever. So if they turn it off you turn it on.

Of course IMO a phone is a privilege and if it was disabled when I was looking for it then I wouldn't have to look for it or its owner because both would be at home.

GL

Posted via Android Central App