Visit site
Huzzah!

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-quick-app-google-reader

chart

thumb_tall_google-reader-1.png

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy to see this. Was using the Greader app in the market and it was
the best, free alternative. But I just didn't care much for it. NewsRob literally
did rob you. Hopefully I like this enough.

thecatwasnot

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
w00t! Was very confused by the omission, hope it's a good one.

So far I like it better, easier to notice new posts than gReader, and I'm finding it easier to navigate the multiple screens vs. multiple expanding areas. No Widget tho :(

know1

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded it and tried it. The mobile version of Reader through the browser is still much better. I un-installed it shortly thereafter.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
There's a lot to like about this new app, but there are a few things that bug me...

• UI fonts/icons are too large. Main screen doesn't display much information without scrolling.
  • You can only mark items as read from inside the newsfeed. Sometimes it's preferable to mark all read from the main menu.
  • No Tree view from main screen.
  • No Widget. It would be nice to see unread counts from home screen.

Mikey

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone pay attention to the fact it's a first release. Everyone wanted it and now that they got it all that seems to be done is complaining about it. Maybe take that effort and forward it along to developers for request and put it to good use. Contrary to some people's belief, Google does listen to there consumers.

I mean no harm here, just trying to better the app and the market as well as Android.

Sent on my Evo using Tapatalk Pro!

keebz

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I like this along with Google News stock app for Droid Incredible. Is there an option to get notifications for new RSS items? Also what about an option for the refresh rate (like the stock Weather app, for example, is set to refresh every 3 hours; Google News stock app set to refresh every 6 hours)? If the status bar notification doesn't exist or the option to set a refresh rate (or is this *supposed* to be manual refresh by definition?), then I'll wait for official Google updates rather than get 3rd-party mods. Of course the biggest thing we all probably want to see is a widget and I eagerly await this, too.

Still this is pretty awesome for a 3-day old app. I am brand new to the whole RSS thing and also to smartphones but this is pretty convenient (and maybe even a timesink...).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress