Best Android keyboard of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

FokisMoney

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
i would go with the epic 4g physical keyboard since i use it most, but if i HAD to pick it would be swype, i haven't seen a reason to try another one, its fast, easy to teach it new words, and funny as hell to mess around with. SWYPE!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got my beta invite for swype....and am not going to use it.
Since it took since April to get the official invite I bought ultrakeyboard and even though it has it quarks, I love it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
But late in the running comes a new contender.... Gingerbread Keyboard! I've had it since it was cracked out of the SDK and I really like it.

ftumph

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I was using SwiftKey for quite a while, but just switched to Swype a few days ago...

...and have since switched back to SwiftKey. Swype seems like a really cool concept, but is not as generally useful as SwiftKey. Because of SwiftKey's excellent word prediction, you can type very quickly with two hands, or pretty effectively with one. Swype forces you to use one hand all the time. You can type with two hands like on the default keyboard with Swype, but then you have no advantages over the default keyboard.

I also think the way SwiftKey does the numeric keyboard and places the "?" is very smart.

I will re-enable Swype again for a few days just to make sure, but right now I'm just not seeing the advantage over SwiftKey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol