new update causes MX player pro issues with mp4s?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed problems with MX Player Pro since they introduced their recent "lollipop-compatible" update?

Suddenly, it won't play MP4s from the file list. Or, actually it will---but just NOT when selected from the file list. If I use MY FILES and click on a file from My Files, then MX PP can play it just fine. But if I choose it from MX PP's own file list---I just get a blank screen, the program crashes. I have to clear data to get it to load again.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app's cache. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the app, restarting the phone and installing it from the Play Store. It may be trying to play something it's misinterpreting, due to a change in the format of its list.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Try clearing the app's cache. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the app, restarting the phone and installing it from the Play Store. It may be trying to play something it's misinterpreting, due to a change in the format of its list.

Yep, did all that (more than once...). Cleared "data" too--not just the cache. All that makes the program functional UNTIL you have to use it again. Then, it goes berserk again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12