I'm an actively gigging bass player, and I've been looking around for various programs to help me get better at my craft. Anything from recording to metronomes (I'm using gTuner, which is awesome, so no need for tuner apps), but I'm also specifically looking for programs to help me with my sight reading.

Also, any sheet music/chart program suggestions would be welcome.
    12-03-2010 06:03 PM
    I'm not sure about helping with sight reading, but for a metronome, I use Mobile Metronome.
    12-03-2010 07:44 PM
    As a music teacher, I use:

Allegro metronome
    Chordbot Pro
    Cleartune
    gStrings
    HiFiCorder
    Mobile Metronome
    Musical Pro
    Perfect Ear

Haven't seen any sheet music apps.
    suzi likes this.
    12-03-2010 08:00 PM
    Thanks guys.

I'm using mobile metronome, and I noticed it drops time if you have the accent on after so many beats. I turned off the accent and it seems to be working fine.
    12-09-2010 06:35 PM

Allegro metronome
    Chordbot Pro
    Cleartune
    gStrings
    HiFiCorder
    Mobile Metronome
    Musical Pro
    Perfect Ear

There was a great app for my ipod touch that had all the fingerings for the common band instruments. Anything similar you've found on Android. Makes teaching those damn flute fingerings easier
    12-09-2010 11:05 PM
    Musician here as well, some of the apps that I have found to be useful:

- gStrings (tuner)
    - JamBox (chord dictionary)
    - FourTracks (four track recorder, pretty cool for quickly recording ideas)
    - Tabs (by ultimateguitar.com, absolutely incredible guitar tab app, worth the $)
    suzi likes this.
    12-10-2010 10:16 AM
    Hey guys - I know this is an old thread, but I just released Song Key Finder a few weeks ago and want to let other musicians know about it! A seasoned musician should be able to figure out most pop songs, but it's helpful for beginners, the lazy folks, DJs, and anyone analyzing more complex stuff or just looking for a starting point when charting a song.

11-16-2012 11:46 PM
    08-18-2013 02:03 AM
    I like theese music apps:
    Composer
    Metronome
    Pitchfork
    They are really well-made
    09-04-2013 10:49 AM
    There are now plenty of sheet music apps for Android phones and tabs. As I'm not a teacher myself but a working musician, I can't recommend a particular app for use in schools. But for gigs I really, really like the Fakebook. Works very well for creating playlists from different kinds of sources (chord charts, PDFs etc). As it has a built-in metronome and links to recordings (mostly jazz) I imagine it can be used for teaching as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new_7_screenshot2.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	281.1 KB 
ID:	132252

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skrivarna.fakebook.android
    08-15-2014 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD