Games with sequels but android only has the sequels?!?

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I took out my android tablet to mess around a bit installing some new games I ran across, and a thought came to mind on some games I had already installed but not played yet. Why don't we have the earlier titles in the series' on android. Such as Asphalt series , Inotia series, Real Racing series, and I'm sure there are other series as well I have yet to discover. When it comes to RPG games, whether or not the sequel are story linked or not, I don't like playing the sequels without playing the previous ones in the series. Racing games probably don't have the same impact in that regard as RPG games do. Though the idea of seeing what the previous ones were like is appealing. As you get to see how things change going up the series. I thought maybe this would make an interesting discussion if anyone wants to share their thoughts or perhaps even info regarding specific titles not on android such as the Inotia series prior to Inotia 3.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are probably a number of reasons. The earlier games might have been designed for older Android versions, and were abandoned in favor of the more complex sequels. The developer might not have wanted to put the effort into updating the app to be compatible with higher Android versions. The earlier games might have been released by a company that went under, and some other company bought the rights and created a sequel.

And remember that the first Asphalt games were on flip phones!

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, by chance would there be info out there on the earlier titles? I know Inotia 2 is on iOS and one of the titles I don't understand why it's not on android. A shame if there is compatibility issues. You don't see this on windows. Games I have from 10-15 years ago still play fine.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you think about it, it's only been somewhat recently (i.e., within the last 2-3 years) that developers really started ramping up app production for Android devices. It used to be all about iOS--remember, that was always one of the knocks against Android, that the apps were "unpolished." But as Android has increased in popularity, developers have responded in kind. Still, that doesn't mean they try to port all of their older titles to Android--that might be more problematic and glitchy than designing a new app for Android from the ground up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress