Photo editing

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've narrowed it down to picsay pro and vignette.
I like the ui of picsay and the fact that it is simply a photo editor not a camera app

but it has things that i will never use like the distortions and it lacks frames

but vignette is a bit clunky in the ui dept. and slow to save pictures.

what do you use and why

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, comparing these two is apples to oranges. I have both of them but use them both extremely differently. I use PicSay Pro quite a bit to add stuff to pictures, most of it nonsense type stuff, like adding arrows, text, word balloons. I've actually used it quite a bit recently to add instructions to screen shots for some questions in this forum. It's come in handy quite often.

I use Vignette as my default camera. I like some of the filters on it and it takes some nice pictures in general. I love the vintage kind of stuff and the various monochrome with certain color highlights, as well as the different toy camera filters. I've never been much of a photographer, but the various Vignette filters make my mediocre stuff look much better.

I've also got Photoshop loaded and play with that some of the time. It's not bad, just a little finicky.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I've used picSay Pro since Aug, first paid app I downloaded. I use it all the time. I haven't found anything that is better so far.

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i think its very slow for a default camera.

do you have save originals turned on?

Yes, save originals is turned on. It does process slow, but by the time I'm done flicking through the different filters, it's done saving, so it hasn't been an issue for me.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Trying to attatch examples of pics I edited with PicSay. Hopefully this works.

The frog I adjusted the color because it was washed out from the flash, the other I was just playing.

Last edited:

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
1 thing i've noticed is it says my picture is processing and i can't view it for at least 20 seconds after i save the effect and everything.

and also it doesn't compress files at all. so pictures that would normally be 1mb are now 5mb

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Do either picsay pro or vignette off the ability to re-size a picture for use as wallpaper?

I know that I can crop the picture when I apply it as wallpaper. But sometimes I like an image that I'd prefer not to crop while on the go and it would be great proportionally resize it from the phone.

**Edit**
I just downloaded Picsay and found the option to resize in Pro.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech