adb.exe missing from new SDK r08??

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the new Android SDK r08 for Windows. I no longer see adb.exe in the tools folder. It's not included at all. Thoughts, comments, conspiracy theories??

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Oops... I forgot to read

SDK Tools, Revision 8 (December 2010)

Dependencies:

If you are developing in Eclipse with ADT, note that SDK Tools r8 is designed for use with ADT 8.0.0 and later. After installing SDK Tools r8, we highly recommend updating your ADT Plugin to 8.0.0.

Also note that SDK Tools r8 requires a new SDK component called Platform-tools. The new Platform-tools component lets all SDK platforms (Android 2.1, Android 2.2, and so on) use the same (latest) version of build tools such as adb, aapt, aidl, and dx. To download the Platform-tools component, use the Android SDK Manager, as described in Adding SDK Components
Upgrading from SDK Tools r7:

If you are upgrading to SDK Tools r8 from an earlier version, note that the the default installed location for the adb tool has changed from <SDK>/tools/adb to <SDK>/platform-tools/adb. This means that you should add the new location to your PATH and modify any custom build scripts to reference the new location. Copying the adb executable from the new location to the old is not recommended, since subsequent updates to the SDK Tools will delete the file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer