So I guess when I was deleted apps, I accidentally deleted Google Places and didn't realize it. Total bummer.
    Does anyone know where I can redownload this app from? I can't find it on the market. Can't find it via Google search either
    12-07-2010 12:09 PM
    I don't have a clue where you can download but do you realize that the places app is built in the Google maps app... it's located on the top left. This is the one I use so that I can utilize the space for other icons.

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the lastest Google maps updates because that was part of one of the Google maps updates... this is why you won't see it in the market.
    12-07-2010 12:47 PM
    Kinster is correct. If you're referring to the "Places" shortcut in the app drawer, I believe that is just a shortcut to the Places section in Google Maps. The Places button is found at the top, and looks like a pinpoint.
    12-07-2010 01:03 PM
    I feel really stupid here, but I just don't see that icon...

I updated Maps before I took this screen shot. I hit the options button and I still don't see anything at the top of the screen.
    12-07-2010 07:14 PM
    That doesn't look like an up-to-date Maps to me...
    12-07-2010 08:29 PM
    Hmm.. you're right. Apparently the update I was prompted to do was not the most recent. The most recent update I had to go in and search for maps and do it manually. Which is odd, but regardless, I now have Places back.
    Thanks for the help!
    12-07-2010 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD