Creating several Android radio straming Apps but can install only 1 as the 2nd is seen as an update, what am I doing wrong?

Fabiotek

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Creating several Android radio straming Apps but can install only 1 as the 2nd is seen as an update

Hello Android Central Community!

Season greetings!

I am starting doing my first steps in the Android Apps development and I hope to get some guidance from some experts.

I created a simple android App that is merely streaming one shoutcast radio station. I works fine.

The big issues started in the moment I wanted to create the second Radio App to play a second different radio station. The second App is somehow identical to the first, with only change being that it points to a different shoutcast http link...and it has also some different icons/logo.

In my understanding I changed the name of the App to; but as said I am a novice and perhaps I missed out something.

At the beginning I was not understanding also how to duplicate the Radio App and be allowed to save it. Perhaps issues starter there? Anyway I made copy and paste of the job and started changing stream link, radio station name, logo, etc.

== The issue===
After having completed the Second "Radio App" with its own info, my Sony smartphone asks me if I want to UPDATE the First Radio App instead of letting me install the second.

So, obviously even if I changed the name of the App in many lines, there must be something that makes my phone see the second App as a duplicate and a potential update to the first radio app.

What am I doing wrong?

I was reading that the issue can be originate by the manifest that hasn't been edited properly and other stuff, but honestly I am unable to proceed correctly... when I changed the "package" name in the AndroidManifest, lot of lines lost the link paths.

I hope I was somehow able to explain the issue I am facing, and hope even more to get some precious help!

Thank you very much for helping me out!

Regards

Fabio

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am not sure this forum can offer the assistance you need. But there are two others that are populated by those who are developer's of apps and os.

XDA and Stack Exchange would be two very good places to ask your questions as well. Just Google those names and sign up for free accounts. Also I would look for developer websites too. There may be someone here that can help,but you should ask at the others too for hopefully a faster response.