Why is my Galaxy S4 battery life so terrible?

NewKiddMerbuck

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Help, Galaxy S4 Battery life is abysmal!

I have a "new" Galaxy S4 via Verizon. It comes with a gazillion apps that I will probably not use. I suspect that they are a major source of power drain on the battery. What apps can I safely uninstall - that will not compromise regular operations on the phone? Help? ? ?

Mega-Izzy

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help, Galaxy S4 Battery life is abysmal!

There are 2 options you can do.
By the way, Hello

1. Root your GS4 and remove all the Crapware (preinstalled apps ex. Google hangout, Google maps). Only with a rooted phone you can uninstall ANY app you want.

OR

2. While charing, make sure all apps are closed so that charing time is quick and make sure you aren't downloading anything that would take a long time.

Gryphoenix

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

Also check your battery details under settings to find the culprits.

Posted via the Android Central App

NewKiddMerbuck

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. Happy New Year btw.

I do not understand "root". I will need to look up how to do that. And as for settings and battery, what am I looking at/for exactly?

NewKiddMerbuck

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
OK - I think I understand rooting process. I have to figure out if I really want to do that. But have looked at battery settings and I think turning things off will make a difference. Will be following to see what differences turning certain things off makes. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

You can disable most apps in Settings and applications. The apps may not always start even though they are on the device.

From an AOSP M8

slay19

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site

If you have it rooted, Greenify will make things significantly more efficient.