Why isn't Google Now sending me reminders?

croowley

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Google Now won't remind me.

So when i use command like "Remind me to X at Y o' clock" it shows me the reminder with correct time and date and asks me if i want to save it, wich i reply yes and Google Now saves reminder.

But when the time comes it won't remind me at all.

When i use "Show me reminders" command, all the old reminders are ther. What's wrong?

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Now won't remind me.

So when i use command like "Remind me to X at Y o' clock" it shows me the reminder with correct time and date and asks me if i want to save it, wich i reply yes and Google Now saves reminder.

But when the time comes it won't remind me at all.

When i use "Show me reminders" command, all the old reminders are ther. What's wrong?

Have you checked in Google now settings that notifications are checked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

croowley

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

Oh. Yes it's on.

Got a new update yesturday and thought it would solve my problem. It didn't, nothing does.

Someone fixed it by deleting all upcoming and past reminders. The problem is that i can't even do that, because the only way to find my past reminders are the voice command "Show me reminders" were i can't delete them.
any ideas on how to delete them?

Bendt Rasmussen

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Mine is even more scr*wed.

I have lollipop 5.0.1 running on a Nexus 5.
The phone is set to danish, but search language in english.

It recognizes "remind me bla bla" and lets me set reminders with time or locations.
After that, nothing what so ever happens.
When I press "show reminders", it just gives me a blank screen, and pressing the round plus button, I get a google search for "tilføj notifikation", which translates to "add reminder".

croowley

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Mine is even more scr*wed.

I have lollipop 5.0.1 running on a Nexus 5.
The phone is set to danish, but search language in english.

It recognizes "remind me bla bla" and lets me set reminders with time or locations.
After that, nothing what so ever happens.
When I press "show reminders", it just gives me a blank screen, and pressing the round plus button, I get a google search for "tilføj notifikation", which translates to "add reminder".

Same here. Btw google now do only support voice in english i belive.

Bendt Rasmussen

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Quick fix - set the system language to english, and everything is ok.
Would love to have the system language in my native language, and the possibility to use features in english.

stuff5150

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Add me to this list. Stopped working on its own a couple of months back, none of the TS I've done has resolved it (sign out/in, clear OS cache, redesignate locations, etc).

Alarm reminders work just fine, location don't (home & work). I'll see them if I swipe to open Google Now but they won't chime and show the "on the fly" on the top of the screen or when off in Active Display.

Moto X 2013, 4.4.4.

tbailen

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Make sure "Show notifications for card updates" is turned on. (Go to the Google app, choose Settings, and go to the "Now cards" option" to see the "Show notifications for card updates" setting.)

I had turned mine off because I didn't like getting notifications of new cards. I didn't realize that would also turn reminder notifications off though!! Turned it back on and all is well with my reminders again.

BTW, after figuring this out, I now see that google talks about this on their support page for Google Now. Answer id 3122344: "How to use the app: Create a reminder"

Last edited:

Karen Tufano

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

Genius! Thanks!
I was having issues since being upgraded to Android 6.0.
Why oh why aren't the notifications defaulted to "on"!?