Favorite launcher vs. worse launcher

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I know Jerry started a similar thread back in '10 but I thought it may be time for an update and I'm curious to know what feature is best/unique for your use.

So, what's your favorite launcher and WHY?

What is the worse launcher to you and WHY?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Favourite launcher is a toss up between Google Now and Nova Prime. Normally when I use Nova I have it sent up pretty much like the Google Now launcher. If I had to choose I would select Nova - it has everything that I would possibly need in a launcher. Great customisability, super fast, smooth and easy to play about with.

I don't really have a worse launcher, as there are too many launchers to play about with. I'm sure along the way I will discover a few nasty launchers, the only one I can think of right now would have to be the launcher 8. It looked weird on my Note 4 I thought.

In saying that, my Note 4 rocking the latest version of touchwiz is a match made in heaven for me. Looking forward to lollipop update, if I don't like that then off to Nova we go :)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Nova Prime fan. I've been using it so long that I took it for granted.

It's highly customizable
It's fast
It's compatible (with most icon sets)
It's glitch-free (for me anyways)
It's allows you to save multiple configurations.

I tried switching to Apex Pro and its decent but not as smooth as Nova Prime IME.

I've used Go in past and its nice but I prefer Nova.

My least favored launcher is the stock Google launcher as its just too plain for my tastes. I like a little topping on my salad and the stock launcher is like plain raw spinach with no dressing at all.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nova prime as well. If I had to choose some features ...

Gestures.
Swipe actions for icons.
Nova actions & activities.
Tabs & folders in the drawer.

No way back to another launcher without them. :)

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Haha I'm not a fan of any salad tbh :) On my S4 I loved Nova and I loved downloading all the icon packs and tweeking it here and there, but on my Note 4 I'm happy with what Samsung gave me. This will prob change in a few months though when I start to look at the new HTC phones, new Samsung phones, new LG etc... I tend to jump from phone to phone, hopefully this time, between touchwiz and Nova I will stay with the Note 4 until at least the Note 5 is here :)

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I like Aviate because it organizes my apps for me in an attractive and logical fashion. It displays different features based on location and the contacts list is nice too.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I like Aviate because it organizes my apps for me in an attractive and logical fashion. It displays different features based on location and the contacts list is nice too.

I tried Aviate for a few days, it was really good - just couldn't get used to the new layout. What phone are you using it on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12