Facebook update problem

peppage

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
In the app store when I try to install the update for facebook it download the file but it fails the install because "Package file was not signed correctly." I can't find much information on the internets. It was suggested to delete all the old facebook files but I wasn't planning on rooting my phone. Any help/suggestions would be great.

jlye834

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Was not aware that there was an update for Facebook out. Are you using the native Facebook app or a third party version?

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
i would just try deleting the app and reinstalling it. Personally the update was a huge help, the app is very much like the iphone app now

peppage

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the native facebook app. You can't delete the facebook app because it's so intertwined with android, I would have to root the phone.

peppage

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have version 1.1.1 installed and 1.1.2 is in the market. When I click install it tells me it will overwrite the version I have but then gives the error when it tries to install.

peppage

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Right after it downloads and fails to install it gives me the message: "Package file was not signed correctly." I even tried to get the package file from another source and installing it locally but that gave me the same error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz