Google Voice widget replacement?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there such a thing as a custom Widget that will replace the stock Google Voice widget. The ugly white widget just doesn't really fit into the theme on my phone and I wondered if it was possible to re-skin the GV widget. Thanks.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys - I was hoping some enterprising person had come up with a new skin for the widget. I'll keep hoping it happens!

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
[THEME l MOD] Transparent widget skins. Pandora, Weather Channel, Facebook + Requests - xda-developers

those are all skinned for people looking for transparent widgets. Something more specific you'll need to do yourself, there is a step by step guide link in that thread.

Note that changing the skin of a widget makes it un-updatable. If it's a significant update, the author or someone else will often post the updated skin (like for the new facebook), but if it's a smaller app, like NYTIMES, that will never be updated because the updates don't much matter.

Google Voice has a recent version, not sure if it's the most recent. Works great.

Reactions: Oj467

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax