Antivirus free v1.6.7 FIXED

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
Antivirus free v1.6.7 BORKED

antivirus free v1.6.7 Application for Android | Communication

I updated to the latest version of this and it caused my phone to crash out and continually reboot, freezing up applications, losing 3g connection, losing the sim, rebooting again, and a whole host of problems that were shortly solved by uninstalling this app.

Either the programmer messed up seriously with this update, or it's malware disguised as an anti-virus app.

Phil.

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
Uninstalling it fixed the issue. It was working fine until the update that came today, so something must have got borked then.

Perhaps Android Central should put a front page item to warn others of the problem while we get onto those guys to fix whatever it is that they borked and do a new upgrade.

Phil.

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
Ah well, they're probably fixing it now as we speak and will send out new versions and apologies...

Maybe they might compensate some of us with free upgrades to the Pro version? :D

Phil.

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
Serg from droidSecurity hasw emailed me asking to test their new patch of Antivirus Free (v.1.6.7.6) to see if it is working ok.

So far so good.

I would now class the above program as being fixed and safe to re-download and install.

Phil.

Drybonz

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Nice to see a developer keeping in touch with, and responding to the user base... as an ex-user I can say that you don't get that on the iPhone for the most part.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88