mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So between all the options this is my question.

I have these on my EVO

1.Kindle App
2. Nook App
3. Google Books App

What is the best one for easily putting my own books onto them. I really don't want 3 apps and have no loyalty over one or the other.

I've searched the internet and find a bunch of info, not much of it is digesting though. You guys have always been great.

If there is a different one other than one of these suggestions are nice as well. Wanted to keep it tied to something that I can purchase from as well though.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so let me get up on my little soap box here.

Nook supports the open standard for ebooks. Which is the standard we should all be looking to support. Products like the kindle which use their own proprietary standard hurt consumers. Think about how bad IE 5/6 used to be.

So, to be short, I would publish my books in the EPUB format. It's the official industry standard.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not publishing...what I want is to be able to put books that I have onto my SD card somewhere and read them in the app. So Nook gives me this option?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i'd choose Kindle or Google. not sure if Nook can keep up or even survive vs. those two Goliaths long term.

between those two - i'd choose the one with the best interface and most flexible viewing options (Android, iPhone, PC, etc.) and features. also which one has the latest app? who offers more free ebooks?

your task now is to download some free ebooks and play with both and report back to us.

good luck.

Roscopcoletrain

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I choose nook. For the open epub format as stated above.

that said, any have a DL link for the 2.4.1 update?

As much as I support them, they dont support me here in Canada lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca