adw launcher ex

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
The only thing missing is Sense type widgets that HTC and LauncherPro have for the home launcher. For me, it is still too much to give up to switch to ADW. Unless there are Sense type widgets, Bookmarks, Friendsflow, Calendar, Photo Album I probably stay with Sense or LauncherPro

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am certainly interested in getting this as I now use ADW on my Droid X with ApeX 1.3 installed. Used to have LP+ but I found it runs much smoother with ADW. As far as the Sense-type widgets, who cares. Why try to be just like HTC when you have the entire phone that YOU can customize yourself and not follow after one particular design? I have multiple widgets that could be replaced by the Sense-type but I like them, makes it unique.

I will be on standby for a week or so reading reviews and feedback before I decide on this. I want to see pros and cons, as well as possible bugs listed here!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You can use pure calander its scrollable I use plume that's also scrollable people widget scrollable haven't looked into bookmarks
Edit
I have been running it since he released it earlier today and its been just as stable as regular Adw.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I do like that it is customizable. But Some widget I really use a lot. I especially use the Calendar widget, which I guess I could use the regular Android Calendar widget. I use the Bookmark Widget(scrollable), I love having both Facebook and Twitter combined in a scrollable widget. Finally, I love having the Photo Album Widget, where a flick of the finger changes the pictures of my albums. I would be great to have the best of both worlds.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This is now my main launcher. Very stable and very customizable, definitely worth a look for anyone on the fence.

Sent by a little green robot

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The pure messenger/music widgets are perfect replacements for the htc widgets. Both are scrollable and have options for transparent skins. My problem with ADW is the dock is no comparison to launcher pro.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah its real nice the three bucks is nothing for how good this is. The dock hmm don't really have an issue with it

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
This is a home replacement for your phone and is really good. Just might be better then launcher pro plus. The only thing that is not as good is that you can't change the look of the dock. The one thing that is better is that you can change the transitions between the screens and works very good. Has anyone tried it yet. Im using it and even using some of the motto blur widgets with no problems with them yet like I have with launcher pro. I think its worth the it. It is way better then the free adw app, its the same but with more things that you can customize like the size of your apps. You can even resize the widgets just like launcher pro.

bgpasha

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ive been using LPP for a while now and very satisfied, but i do wanna know what these screen transitions youre talking about. I just started using multiple wallpapers app and it has some sweet screen transitions aswell.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
not enough

Ive been using LPP for a while now and very satisfied, but i do wanna know what these screen transitions youre talking about. I just started using multiple wallpapers app and it has some sweet screen transitions aswell.

i bought the app , and used it for 10 min before i decided it wasnt enough to make me want to re-learn my homescreen , and put in the effort to set it up to my liking . Although the screen transitions were really cool. But im sure when LPP gets its makeover soon , we will see transitions . Dont get me wrong , ADW Ex is a nice launcher , just too lazy to switch.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Its hard to choose either one because they are both very good. I chose adw so I could use the motto blur widgets. Im probably the only one that likes those and they don't play nice with launcher pro. The screen transition are almost the same as the multipaper app. I just wish there wad a free version of the new adw ex so people could check it out. Its hard to spend the money on something that you might not use.

bgpasha

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I dont mind spending 3 bucks, but Im afraid that Ill be to lazy to learn the new launcher like GatorPT said. Well see what the new LPP brings us

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I dont mind spending 3 bucks, but Im afraid that Ill be to lazy to learn the new launcher like GatorPT said. Well see what the new LPP brings us

It seems to be worth the money.. does well. And I am a long time Launcher Pro user. The transitions is sick, brings life to the app with just this feature in my opinion.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm using it now and I like it a lot. I'm switching back and forth between it and LauncherPro Plus. The only things LPP has on it is the ability to customize the dock and the LPP widgets. Otherwise, I think I might actually prefer ADWLauncher Ex.

jak112460

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Its hard to choose either one because they are both very good. I chose adw so I could use the motto blur widgets. Im probably the only one that likes those and they don't play nice with launcher pro. The screen transition are almost the same as the multipaper app. I just wish there wad a free version of the new adw ex so people could check it out. Its hard to spend the money on something that you might not use.

What type of problems are you having with the motoblur widgets on LPP?