OK Google navigate stopped working, how can I get it working again?

A

AC Question

ok google navigate stopped working

So I drive a lot for work, and hands free is mandatory. Ever since I got my s5, I would just go to the home screen, say ok google, navigate to "blah", and it would just go right ahead to the route directions. Great.

My daughter picked up my phone yesterday, opened a whole bunch of programs (she's 2) before I caught her, and now it won't navigate. If I say ok google, navigate to the subway on blah street, it will give me a search result instead of navigating there. It will still navigate if I go to the map app and search through there, but that requires taking my eyes off the road. Did she turn off a setting or something? I don't even know where to start.

Other voice commands seem to work, like set an alarm, I never had to configure google now to do this, and I've never used s voice, and don't want to, I just wanna get it working the way it did before

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: ok google navigate stopped working

Welcome.
Go into the Setting of both Google Search and Maps and make sure both are set to take voice commands and default straight to Navigation instead of search results.

Mav. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool