Handcent sucks now

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the upgrade today and now EVERYTIME I go into my text messages there is a new text that's an ad. I understand having a free ap requires ads but this is most annoying. So if any colurrent handcent users are just ping ship like me, which ap will you use. I really like gosms but it doesn't like me. It locks up and lags after running smoothly for 2 or 3 days. I tried evolve and I really liked it but it I don't like how it seems to never close, there is ALWAYS a thread showing, I don't like that. Textra works really well for me however, it's boring. What will you guys use next?

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the upgrade today and now EVERYTIME I go into my text messages there is a new text that's an ad. I understand having a free ap requires ads but this is most annoying. So if any colurrent handcent users are just ping ship like me, which ap will you use. I really like gosms but it doesn't like me. It locks up and lags after running smoothly for 2 or 3 days. I tried evolve and I really liked it but it I don't like how it seems to never close, there is ALWAYS a thread showing, I don't like that. Textra works really well for me however, it's boring. What will you guys use next?

Do they provide an option to pay to remove the ads?

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
No problem with developers getting paid but it's the abrupt and intrusive change that has most die hard users upset. Habit is to open the app and tap the top thread but now it's an ad that leads to something trying to be installed.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
And what's wrong with the developers getting paid for their app and service?

Nothing. I have purchased aps, for a one time fee. I use aps that have ads. It's the way these aps are displayed thats irritating. Also their claim that it's only a few. I am a heavy texter and I have seen one EVERYTIME I have opened the ap.

John Walton1

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Well over 1000 new one star reviews in the play store. I've already switched over to Google Hangouts and gotten used to it. Sorry Handcent, your loss. I would've easily paid a one time fee. It was a good run. In this breakup it was you, not me.

DMatth32

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't Google Hangout show you as a different phone number? For some reason when I text from it people don't know who I am cuz my actually number doesn't show up, just did random number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith