Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tiff Viewer?

Any app out there that can open up Tiff files? I have searched and searched. Need to open up faxed that are sent via Tiff files.

thanks in advance

Mike
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Actually I did a Google search and it looks like Beam Reader can view Tiff's. It's in the Market. Try it out and let us know.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
    Actually I did a Google search and it looks like Beam Reader can view Tiff's. It's in the Market. Try it out and let us know.
    wow will check it out, i have been goggling for days. what search string did you use?

Thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

installed.

Does not show the .tiff files stored on my sd card when you run the program. Seems that it is a pdf viewer. Was worth a try though.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I did a search on "tiff viewer android" and found this article, but the article doesn't seem to match up with the BeamReader product description. I'll keep my eyes peeled for annother TIFF viewer.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ahhh, i always forget about enclosing my search string in quotes.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I didn't use the quotes

I think android comic viewer reads tiff's
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Ripjames View Post
    I think android comic viewer reads tiff's
    that's a negative. the open dialog does not show the .tiff's in the root of my sd. thanks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhwoods View Post
    Any app out there that can open up Tiff files? I have searched and searched. Need to open up faxed that are sent via Tiff files.

thanks in advance

Mike
    Did you ever find a .tiff viewer? I'm in the same boat as you with my faxes. I contacted SLG Mobile about BeamReader. They responded saying BeamReader is a PDF viewer and doesn't support any formats for opening pictures.

LKing

Add me to the list. Anyone find a Tiff or Tif file viewer app for android yet?

Tom

It's surprising that this void has not yet been filled... I too am in need of a tiff viewer.

All our incoming faxes are automatically intercepted, turned into tiff files, and then emailed.

I can get the file onto my sd card but am stuck at that point trying to view it.

J

I agree. I can't see why there aren't any TIFF viewer apps? I have faxes sent directly to e-mail. The only success I've had is to forward these mails/faxes to my google mai account where I can at least view the first page (Often the cover page). If anyone can assist I think there will be many grateful users.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

It isn't exactly a TIFF viewer, but I found an online service that will convert TIFF to PDF, for free, via email. As in you email the TIFF to them, and they email you back a PDF. I've not had the chance yet to try this out, but thought it worth mentioning here as at least a possibility.
    Free Email PDF Converter to convert documents like word to PDF via email

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

Put me down in need of a tiff viewer

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

Anyone find one yet?
    oxy

also looking for any TIFF reader...
    oxy

I founded!

TIFF2PDF - install it, you have it on Market, then it's convert document to pdf and open automaticlly your pdf viewer... it's working, justb have try it!

I am in same boat. Need something to open my tiff faxes. Anyone find anything?

Default Open TIFF files on Android

TIFF2PDF on the Market seems to work quite well...
    TIFF2PDF - Android

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SwtHazeleyez View Post
    TIFF2PDF on the Market seems to work quite well...
    TIFF2PDF - Android
    I tried this, but it doesn't open the TIFF direct from email. It makes you save the file to the phone, then open and convert from there. I simply want to view the TIFF file. What's odd is that if it's emailed to my Gmail account, the preview opens there and I CAN view the TIFF file. Why is it that Google made the GMail preview work, but in Android itself there's no way to view it! I tried the TIFF Fax viewer that's in the market, but that didn't work on the Epic 4G.

P.D.A.C. Technologies's TIFF and FAX viewer will does the job. The free "lite" version displays single-page TIFF files; the pay version ($10--ouch!) works on multipage FAX TIFF files. I can confirm that the free version works; I haven't shelled out for the pay version, since I don't need it yet.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Thanks for the info! I have never paid that much for an Android program, and probably won't now as a matter of principle. Maybe one day they will have a sale on it, but until then, I will continue to use MyFax to bypass my server fax.

Default A new app to try

<personal plug>
    I just released a free TIFF viewer that allows you to view multi-page TIFF files from gmail and has a built-in file browser. It's several orders of magnitude faster than what's out there. I can understand the other app's trouble with viewing TIFF files from within Gmail because Gmail starts the external viewer intent with a stream instead of a file. It also displays animated GIFs, and animates them in the file browser.

"Fast Image Viewer Free"
    </personal plug>

Default Re: Tiff Viewer?

I'm trying FAST IMAGE VIEWER, it gets decent reviews and should work to view your tiff files
    Dave Robinson
    earthcrossers.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast