What is the best Grocery List application for 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
What is the best Grocery List application for 2015? Requirements:

- Easy to use interface
- Be customizable
- Local Backup .i.e SDcard or PC
- Take Pictures of item and attach it to item/list.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I still use Grocery iQ. No pictures, but you can shoot the barcode of n item to enter it. Multiple stores. You can "aisle-order" each store, so your list is in "walk in one direction" order.

If I don't want to write an app myself, I think this is about the best one. (And I went through about 10 of them before settling on it.) The only problem is that since KitKat, you open it, it kind of works, until you close it and open it again. But the 2 seconds that takes makes being able to do the trip in one shot, front of the store to back (or left to right, depending on how the store is laid out), then checkout, worth the effort. (The problem persists even after last month's update.)

There's also a web interface, so someone at home can add an item to your list and if you know that can happen, so you refresh before you're done shopping, the new items are on your phone.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Out of Milk pro for a couple of years. Generally, it's worked fine. And I need an app that is cross-platform since we have a mix of Android and iOS in the house.

Lately, (perhaps since upgrading to Android 5.0.1?) my OoM pro app won't sticky a check mark beside the names to share my lists. So it's no longer working as I need it to work. The check mark will stick until I change to a different store. Once I switch back to the original store, the check mark is gone. I've been waiting a few days on a response from the capigami team on this issue, but no luck yet.

So I'm back looking for a good cross-platform app that will work across both Android and iOS for grocery shopping duties.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Here in Australia for Woolworths we have an app where you can make shopping lists on the Woolworths app and it will show you a photo of the app and even tell you what aisle at your particular store the item can be located in. I would never go shopping without it

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded and tried several apps that are cross platform... Grocery IQ, Bring, Buy me a pie, OurGroceries, for example. Thus far, I like Grocery IQ, and OurGroceries the best. I tossed out some that didn't appear to be cross platform like Mighty Grocery and some others.

Right now I'm working with OurGroceries and like it a lot. Cross platform sync is working great and the app seems pretty intuitive to use. In addition, they have a website that also interacts with the app.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Out of Milk pro for a couple of years. Generally, it's worked fine. And I need an app that is cross-platform since we have a mix of Android and iOS in the house.

Lately, (perhaps since upgrading to Android 5.0.1?) my OoM pro app won't sticky a check mark beside the names to share my lists. So it's no longer working as I need it to work. The check mark will stick until I change to a different store. Once I switch back to the original store, the check mark is gone. I've been waiting a few days on a response from the capigami team on this issue, but no luck yet.

So I'm back looking for a good cross-platform app that will work across both Android and iOS for grocery shopping duties.

You might need to go to settings on all devices then log out and then log back in again. My devices stopped syncing properly with each other until I did that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Well, we've moved away from OoM and are using OurGroceries across Android and iOS now with success. With our modest needs for a cross-platform shared grocery list, OG seems to do a great job.

I had an update to OoM the other day and thought that might fix the issue, but alas, OoM will still not retain checkmarks beside the people I wish to share lists with. I didn't think to try signing out and then signing back in again. I may try that just as an experiment and see if that fixes the issue.

Edit: I previously uninstalled OoM. So I installed it again, logged back in, and once I enter a list to add something, then return to a different, shared list, the checkmarks beside the user names are gone again.

So something is still not right on my side of the equation. I don't know if it's Android 5.0.1 or what. But it just seems easier to stick with OurGroceries now which seems to work fine.

When I first started using OoM, support was awesome. But with this latest issue, I've heard nothing back from OoM support. So that raises a question in my mind too. And yet they are still developing the app. Go figure.

Last edited:

JamesDerrick

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I would like to Grocery Mobile App from Elite mCommerce. It has salient features like
  • Multiple themes
  • Delivery slot
  • Quick Cart
  • Create Wishlist
  • Manage Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.