Why isn't my New Google Contacts app syncing some contacts with Google or Outlook.com?

consultant1027

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
New Google Contacts App Not Syncing Some Contacts with Google or Outlook.com

Some of my newer contacts are not synching with either my Google Contacts or my Outlook.com contacts. I'm on a Nexus 5 running Android 5.1.

I see there is a new Google Contacts app on the phone and on the web. I noticed this when I clicked on the People app and it said the app was missing. When I go to the web version of Google Contacts via my Google account, there are no contacts there! All my contacts are still in Gmail though of course.

I see that when I attempt to edit an older contact on the phone, it first prompts me with which Google account I want to sync with.

It appears though this may be due to the fact the Outlook.com app is no longer syncing properly. It appears it had been replaced by the new Microsoft Outlook Preview which doesn't appear to sync contacts and calendars with the native Android contacts and calendars apps on the phone!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: New Google Contacts App Not Syncing Some Contacts with Google or Outlook.com

The "People" app changed to "Contacts" a while ago. Do you still have an app called "People"? Or is it some leftover app shortcut on your homescreen?

Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​. Is Contacts checked there? If so, go back to Contacts, tap Menu, and tap Contacts To Display. What do you see?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay