GO Launcher

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Update: After three days of using this, I started having the screen freeze mid-call, making it impossible to hang up. Entire launcher would also freeze then force close. Worthy effort, but needs more work. Going back to LP+

-------original post below line----------
Is anyone else using the "GO Launcher" ? I decided to try it out after I have been using LP+. I have to say it is working really well on my Fascinate. The speed of it is amazing. My phone in general seems to be running more smoothly now. Can't attest to battery life yet.

There is also an app remover built in. When you long press on an icon in the main screen you get the option to uninstall. You can also rename and resize the same way. Long pressing in the app drawer also allows for uninstall in the same wiggling icon and "x" we see in "the walled garden of apple"

Finally, up to nine home screens that can be re-ordered and row/column densities can be altered.

All in all i like it so far. Anyone else using it?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Haven't used it yet, but I use LP+ and fyi, if you click/drag an icon to the trash in LP+ and hold it over the trash for a second, you can uninstall as well.

darkrequiem4u

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
ADW and ADW EX both as well have this function....also you can unistall apps from the market as well so your never reallly stuck with an app. I have not tried Go Launcher yet but maybe eventually :) but I am glad you found a launcher you are enjoying.

LaFinDuMonde

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I've found a lot of the icons are easy to use with all of my different wallpapers. It just seems a lot more efficient to use then the rest. My wife picked up her Fascinate yesterday and was bugged by the default launchers usability. I put GO on and she loves it as well.

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
i'm trying it out as well. it's ok, but my screen does freeze/lock up at times when i'm using it which is annoying. i also kinda miss the HTC widgets. there's no support (that I can find) so it's just trial and error for me. i'd give it a "C" at this point because I really don't see the purpose of it - especially if it's going to freeze my phone. sure it offers some cool little tweaks but nothing ground breaking to me....