Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Best music player?

Been adding much more music to my droid for working out and stock music app is lacking, wondering what everyone uses

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I just work out to those crappy music that come preinstall on the phone.. lol.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Haha I used pandora but decided to move my music from my pc to my phone

BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Take a look at "Power Amp".
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Just downloaded the trial nice tons of features just sucks that its 5$ any free options any good?

BEACH BUM

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch81 View Post
    Just downloaded the trial nice tons of features just sucks that its 5$ any free options any good?

For me it was the only player that would not lump my ringtones in with my music.

ROM
    Stock

Another vote for Power Amp. As a former sound engineer, I can say the audio performance and built in EQ are pretty good.

I use MortPlayer - they have an audiobook and a music app. Love them both. The music player is organized by folders, rather than tags, so you can easily select which folders you want to play, thereby bypassing ringtones.
    Regular lawnmower man...

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    For me it was the only player that would not lump my ringtones in with my music.
    I've... never had a music player do that to me. Ever. Did you actually put them in the media/audio/ringtones folder of your SDCard?

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

Audio Galaxy rocks. It syncs your music from your computer to your phone. That way you can have ALL of your music with you anywhere you go, as long as you leave your home pc/laptop running.

Other than that Winamp is pretty good also.

ROM
    Apex 1.4.0

WinAmp is working out well for me. Mainly because it's free and I like the widget.
    Do not taunt Droid X
    BEACH BUM

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by MowDownJoe View Post
    I've... never had a music player do that to me. Ever. Did you actually put them in the media/audio/ringtones folder of your SDCard?
    Yes, I did. I know it does not make sense, it was very frustrating. I did make a Media folder on the SD card with ringtones, music, and photos. For whatever reason it would not work for me.
    Retired Ambassador

Power Amp... Love the EQ and pre amp.

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

PowerAmp!

Lithium music player has a lot of features. It even has its own lockscreen when it is playing and it is free.

Quote Originally Posted by kismet769 View Post
    Audio Galaxy rocks. It syncs your music from your computer to your phone. That way you can have ALL of your music with you anywhere you go, as long as you leave your home pc/laptop running.
    Thanks for the recommendation. Giving that a try. Signed up at audiogalaxy.com, downloaded and installed the Audio Galaxy helper and designated my music folder (on an external drive). With 148,000+ mp3's (1.6 terabytes organized in sub-folders by genre > artist > album), I have a strong suspicion that it will take a very long time to sync. In any event, I can't wait to give it a go once all is synced.
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche.

ive used almost every music player for droids since last year. no doubt the best is poweramp. I use it on my Dinc and its amazing. stock player is okay but for $5 u cant beat poweramp. the shuffle is better than the stock, and it gives u the album art. I use tunee for my music, and sometimes the art isnt there or its quieter than other songs. the pre amp and album art grabber blows this away from any other music player. if you want me to be picky, you may have to rename either song, artist or album to get the correct album cover, besides that, its flawless

just found out that limewire has been replaced with frostwire and when you download frostwire onto your pc you can get the frostwire app on your android that automatically links the two and music you download goes strait into your standard player. I have close to 400 songs on my phone with no lag and its all free i love it. hope this helps

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. Giving that a try. Signed up at audiogalaxy.com, downloaded and installed the Audio Galaxy helper and designated my music folder (on an external drive). With 148,000+ mp3's (1.6 terabytes organized in sub-folders by genre > artist > album), I have a strong suspicion that it will take a very long time to sync. In any event, I can't wait to give it a go once all is synced.
    No problem. It has been laggy on occasion but I think that's to be expected when syncing like this.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Soon... very soon... this will be a question no one should ask. Anyways, I have not a clue why everyone dislikes the stock Android player, I actually love it. However when I was using the Vibrant, I chose Doubletwist. Best syncing, best music management, and lock widget.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

ROM
    Stock

I don't like it because the sound quality is not as good as some market apps like Power Amp. But since I used to be a sound engineer, so I notice a lot in music sound quality, which the stock player lacks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

pretty sure a good sound engineer would realize that their all the same file types, and eq's on a cell phone are like using a small band aid to cover a bullet wound. it's a joke. you don't need eqs, you need good headphones. And even then, power amp, win amp, whatever the hell you use - they don't actually morph the quality of the track. doesn't change it to some magical power amp file extension where it's any less digitalized.

Cubed is the best free option on the market. If you don't like the cube, you can change the view to morph mode as well simple mode. Very good player, very cool looking, only a little lacking in random areas, but all in all pretty good.

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

I've only had my X for about a month, but I have been using Zimly. It has worked pretty well for me. It is free and offers a lot of features. I like the widget and the lock screen controls are nice. It is still in beta, so they release a lot of updates, which gets annoying sometimes. It also has a video player. The only thing it is lacking is an equalizer, but it sounds fine without it. I have found it to be the best free option for me.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Which zimly there is two in the market

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You can get Zimly v. 1.4.9 here: Zimly Media Player - Android app on AppBrain

but according to their description, Zimly the Coolest Media Player will have all future updates, so I grabbed that one from here (v. 2.0.8 beta): Zimly the Coolest Media Player - Android app on AppBrain

Edit:
    Here is a android market link:

market://search?q=pname:com.nomad.zimly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best music player?-zimly_cool.png  
    -- Yeah, what he said!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast