What are some good SMS blocking apps?

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Apart from the few select good apps, the thousands of other apps are just rubbish, full of ads, or fake! 0 control from Google on the quality of apps!

I've been trying to get a good SMS blocker that would not only allow me to manually add a number from my contacts to the blocked SMS list, but I want to select one of the senders in my message inbox to block, the sender has no number, just a name which is my carrier "etisalat"

is there any decent paid sms blocker that would do this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Apart from the few select good apps, the thousands of other apps are just rubbish, full of ads, or fake! 0 control from Google on the quality of apps!
You're talking about everything in the Play Store. There are a few thousand really well-written apps and hundreds of thousands of rubbish (and that's being kind) things being called apps.

I've been trying to get a good SMS blocker that would not only allow me to manually add a number from my contacts to the blocked SMS list, but I want to select one of the senders in my message inbox to block, the sender has no number, just a name which is my carrier "etisalat"
Try BlackList. IIRC (I haven't needed it in a while, so I've uninstalled it) uses regular expressions (or whole names or numbers, if you don't understand how regular expressions work, but it'll block numbers like 800*, so all 800 numbers are blocked in one entry), so you could probably block "etisalat". It can also block all blank number calls. It'll take you one text from that "number" to find out and it's free, so try it.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
You're talking about everything in the Play Store. There are a few thousand really well-written apps and hundreds of thousands of rubbish (and that's being kind) things being called apps.

Try BlackList. IIRC (I haven't needed it in a while, so I've uninstalled it) uses regular expressions (or whole names or numbers, if you don't understand how regular expressions work, but it'll block numbers like 800*, so all 800 numbers are blocked in one entry), so you could probably block "etisalat". It can also block all blank number calls. It'll take you one text from that "number" to find out and it's free, so try it.

just tried it, it cannot block SMS onr Lollipop and Kit Kat as Google remove permissions it says! bloody hell!