factory rest and reload question

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I searched and did NOT see this question answered anywhere......

IF i do a factory reset, then reload all my apps via appbrain, and then sideload all the sideload apps I have, do I need to worry about data from those apps, since its stored on the SD card. IE, if I factory reset then reload my financial software, will my transaction history already be there, will the books I read already be in the kindle app, etc. I think it will, but want to be sure before I take the plung. I have been trying to get z4root to work, and it will NOT. I figure its some app conflicting, so wanted to go back to square 1 and try until it did.

THanks

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have an evo.
so even though the data is on the sd card, reloading the apps using app brain will NOT relink the data from the previous install?
argghhh

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have an evo.
so even though the data is on the sd card, reloading the apps using app brain will NOT relink the data from the previous install?
argghhh
I really don't see the purpose of that app(IMO). Any reset would require you to reinstall all your app(s), unless you have an application that can store them for you(titanium).

Ps. I did a full complete reset of my device, I didn't have a back-up application - yep, I lost all my apps. I wasn't unhappy at all, because I now realize that most of those apps I didn't need. I'm now adding apps that I need not want.

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
maybe I didnt ask the question correctly.
My concern is not so much reloading the apps themselves (appbrain has the list at the very least.) its the data for those apps.

A very specific example
I use LOOT as a checkbook register.
If I reset the device, then reinstall LOOT, will my transaction history still be there, or will it be gone? That is the key to how painful my rebuild will be.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
App brain is good to share with others what apps you have, also if you don't root and you want to rest it will keep a record of what apps you had. It also allows you to search apps from your computer and cue them for download on your phone later....

In your case you want titanium backup.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Titanium Backup Pro will save all information contained within the app, including market links for future updates. People were using it for Angry Birds to save the data when switching ROMs to prevent loss of levels.

Are you rooted?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois