Best gym log app?

JacobMiW

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Some of the stuff I downloaded, especially Jefit and something else seemed too complicated for what I want. I am trying to lose 80 lbs in addition to gaining strength, so what I needed was a simple app to use.

Some features I wanted:
Weight tracker - keeps a chart of my weight.
Set reps - shows how many I did and a chart to show my increased strength.
Cardio tracker - shows how many miles I did in addition to how many calories I burnt.

I don't need one with a GPS, calorie counter, or any of that full stuff. Jefit doesn't seem to be simplified for me to use. I just want to input the values and go when I'm done with something.

So I'm here, asking you guys, what you use.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I personally use Calorie Counter by My Fitness Pal (not the one by Fat Secret).

I wrote up a review awhile ago:http://forum.androidcentral.com/and...er-showdown-fat-secret-vs-my-fitness-pal.html

In a nutshell, you put in your goals, it gives you the calories and has a barcode scanner to easily add food (or save meals). You can weigh in, etc. It keeps tracks of your RDA's (I was able to tell I was way low on iron in my daily intake so take a supplement and feel tons better)

For the gym, you can save a routine (if you want), or just put in the exercise and minutes and it'll calculate the calories for you (which you can adjust if you want). The exercises are broken into "strength" and "cardio" so you can keep track of your weight routine separate from your cardio routine.

It's free and syncs up with the website (if you want to use the website as well).

I really really really love it.

My understanding is Fat Secret has also updated their app, but at the time I wrote up my review above, I didn't like it nearly as much. I haven't looked at it since, because I've been using the My Fitness Pal one for months now.

However, I don't think it gives the strength chart though that you are looking for, and I don't think it will keep track of miles: you put in the exercise and your pace and time).

For jogging though (and not treadmill), I use the Runner app (by sportstracklive), which just calculates everything since it uses the GPS, then I plug that into the Calorie Counter app when I'm done.

I see in the market there's a new Calorie Counter app as well (from MyNetDiary). Not familiar with that one, but it's not free.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch