Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Words with friends news?

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything about it coming to android since the android central news story

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I hope it does come to droid. I love it on my touch.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

It is coming but no one knows when lol I can't wait to play against my iphone friends

When was the story posted about it coming?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Like month ago I think

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

My friend with an iPhone asked me if I had it so we could play. Sadly I didn't. :,(
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    My friend with an iPhone asked me if I had it so we could play. Sadly I didn't. :,(
    Hopefully soon!

Have there been any updates on words with friends?! Its driving me crazy I cnt play with my friends.

i am waiting for this one and hope it comes soon!

Count me in as another person wanting this software. I have a few friends with iphones that battle each other and sadly I can't get in on the action. I read that Wordwise Pro is similar however I can't get my tight-*** iPhone friends to pony up for another scrabble style app.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

It's out today! Yeah! Just downloaded on my EVO

Disappointed so far. Too many bugs and Word Feud seems better anyway...

Yeah, where is chat? where is the freaking option to silence it? Hmm, I guess i don't get what all the fuss was about now that I have it. WordFeud seems light years ahead in actual functionality, Words With Friends just LOOKS pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Soyle Mycelf View Post
    Yeah, where is chat? where is the freaking option to silence it? Hmm, I guess i don't get what all the fuss was about now that I have it. WordFeud seems light years ahead in actual functionality, Words With Friends just LOOKS pretty.
    Would this be a good example of all things iOS?

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

You can silence it if you adjust the volume once in an actual game...not just at the homescreen. That was driving me nuts at first as well.

Also, I LOVE the random boards. Standard Scrabble just isn't as much fun. At least WWF accepts the word: ZEN.

I am disappointed with this app. After waiting so long for this app to be released I deleted 5 mins after downloading. :-(

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    ROM
    GR-12

Quote Originally Posted by Soyle Mycelf View Post
    Yeah, where is chat?
    Chat is the little bubble in the top right corner of the screen.

I have a lot of friends on iPhone so it's nice to see this. But I do get a force close when the program is in the background. Also, I got two games started but now keep getting an error "network connection error, please try again later" I had that for about 2 hours now.

Quote Originally Posted by jpattersonlee View Post
    You can silence it if you adjust the volume once in an actual game...not just at the homescreen. That was driving me nuts at first as well.
    Well, sure, but that's not actually muting the GAME, that's setting the media volume for the entire phone. I don't think Word Feud even makes noise other than notifications, so maybe it isn't a valid comparison. But in something like Angry Birds I can change a setting for sound (specifically, whether the game is muted or not). That way, EVERY time I start up Angry Birds, it is muted, not just when my phone's media volume is set to zero. That is what I would like for Words With Friends.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

I agree wordfeud is currently better. Once they work the bugs out though this will be the one I always use.

Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

I'm actually really happy with the game. I'm kind of addicted actually.

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Do you guys feel that WWF eats up a LOT more battery as compared to Wordfeud?

After being addicted to word fued I'll give you my quick review of WWF.

It still needs some work because it's still basically in Beta. Issues will get resolved. I haven't had a single force close on my optimus.

Pros:
    *Cross platform. The best feature of all!
    *Good interface, pleasant to look at.
    *Shake to shuffle (would be nice if we could disable it if we wanted to)

Cons:
    *I get notifications on my task bar but no vibrate or ringtone.
    *Sound needs to be adjustable independant of system volume
    *Need a paid version to get rid fo ads. (Soon from what I hear)
    *Need to get rid of the "confirm play" prompt. It's unecessary.
    *No statistics (wordfued didn't either).

All in all it's solid and allows me to play my iPhone friends which is huge. It will get better as time goes on. Right now Wordfued is tighter and more refined. Wordfued would be smart to develop an iOS version soon as to not let all the android users convert to WWF. Overall I'm happy with it so far. I have more friends that are iPhone users than Android so for my I'll convert to WWF. Even if it still needs a bit of work.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK... massive fail. :(

@WordsWFriends would like a better friends list instead of entire phonebook, a shuffle button instead of shake, ringtone & stats vs friends

I'm a big Wordfeud fan, so I'm wondering what others who have tried both Wordfeud and WWF think. Mind you, I don't think I actually know any iPhone owners who play WWF, so the cross-platform thing doesn't mean much to me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast