The weather application won't appear on my home screen. How do I get it back?

A

AC Question

the weather application wont appear on my home scren How do I get it back

The weather app wont appear. I go to the widget and all it says it is already on the screen but it isnt there.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: the weather application wont appear on my home scren How do I get it back

The weather app wont appear. I go to the widget and all it says it is already on the screen but it isnt there.

Welcome to the forums!

I have had widgets be "invisible" before. Do you know exactly where the widget should be? You can go to that place where the widget was/should be, tap and hold, see if you trigger the options to delete or move it. If so, trash it and then add the widget again the normal way.

moheeb

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

There is a bug in android widgets and it has not been resolved up to my knowledge. When a widget crash, it becomes a phantom widget. You cannot see it but it is up and running the background. One of the quickest solutions is to uninstall and install the weather app.

Matthew DeCoursey

May 28, 2015
Visit site

Moheeb,
That sounds sensible, but when I look at "Apps Running," there is no app called "Weather," and I can't see that any of the others would cover this. How exactly do I uninstall the widget?

Jamie SC

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem! Though, I don't think I can simply uninstall it and reinstall it again since the weather widget is a preinstalled widget... any other suggestions?