Poynt to come to android!

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I enjoyed the application Poynt when I had my blackberry but was a little let down when I came to the android platform, to see that it wasn't available. I emailed Poynt support this week and got a response.

Hi there, Thanks for your email.
We are currently working on versions of Poynt for additional mobile platforms and are looking at Android, but no release date has yet been announced. You can stay tuned at Poynt is a free local search application for your BlackBerry smartphone., as we post all announcements on new versions there. Enjoy your day
The Poynt Support Team
e: support@mypoynt.com
w: Poynt is a free local search application for your BlackBerry smartphone.

Good news for those that like the poynt app!

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I used Poynt on my BB, but won't be on my Droid. It has a nice UI, but the data that comes from SuperPages.com is old, outdated, and often inaccurate. It would be great if there were a way for users to update listings, but there isn't. I use Flixter for movies, and Google Maps (now contains "Places Directory) for my business searches. Static databases are a thing of the past (at least in my life).

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I did kind of miss poynt whn I first got my droid. Though googlemaps search has been pretty good. And things I can't googlemaps are pretty infrequent so when that happens I just regular google it.

sancap

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Poynt for Moto Droid

Yes, the sooner the better for this app for Droid.
I used the app frequently on my Blackberry and just last week got the Droid,
Miss it already

rich67

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I used Poynt too on my Tour; it was a very good app. However, I use "Places Directory" on my Droid. It seems to be pretty updated and works the same was as Poynt, sans gas prices.

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I miss poynt as well.. and for some reason where doesnt show as available to me in the market... I know where exists but I cant get it to come up in the market on my nexus one

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I guess not. I was just looking in the market for it the other day with no luck. I have not heard anything back from them. Maybe they gave up? I was really wanting to use the reverse phone number lookup. Maybe I will email them back again when I get some time.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I guess not. I was just looking in the market for it the other day with no luck. I have not heard anything back from them. Maybe they gave up? I was really wanting to use the reverse phone number lookup. Maybe I will email them back again when I get some time.

I could be mistaken, but I believe Poynt is developed in Canada, so even if it were available, it wouldn't be on the Android Market as Canada is not supported on the Market.

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was an avid POYNT user with my BB. I emailed the team last week and got this response:

"Hi there,

Thanks for your email.

We are currently working on versions of Poynt for additional mobile platforms and are looking at Android OS, but no release date has yet been announced. You can stay tuned at Poynt is a free local search application for your iPhone or BlackBerry smartphone., as we post all announcements on new versions there.

Enjoy your day,

The Poynt Support Team

e: support@mypoynt.com
w: www.poynt.com"

I hope they release an Android version soon. From the looks of it, this thread was started in Jan 7, 2010, and the original poster got the same response from POYNT. Oh well, I will use "WHERE" until then. It's nothing compared to POYNT, but it will do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes