Bloat Freezer - Freeze your Preinstalled System Apps

Jerm#AC

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Normally no, the reason that the OTAs fail, is because the carriers put checks in the OTA that tell it to check for the system apps, if they arent there, it fails. They could just as easily put in a check for the superuser.apk, but I have never heard of this happening. OTA updates will nearly ALWAYS unroot your phone anyways, so then you just root your phone again after the update.

Thanks for the quick response. I am purchasing a thunderbolt within the next couple of days so I have been researching all these things so I know what I want to do when I get the phone. Your app sounds like a great option, and I'll definitely give it a try.

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just found this thread and glad to see the sale is still going on.

Since it's cheaper then a order of fries at McDonalds, gonna check this app out...
You guys using it notice a large difference in battery life?

anon(1894)

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
(Just posted this over on Phandroid, but then noticed you hadn't logged in there for a bit... sorry all for the crosspost.)

Hi Dev,

I just rooted last night and this looks like exactly what I need, as getting rid of unwanted apps is pretty much all I want to do at the moment and I would really still like to be able to get OTA updates without any problems.

I have a few questions about this app, since I'm new to rooting. Hopefully you'll see this post

1. Will this help with the "Application Data Space is Low" issue on my HTC Incredible?

2. Do I need to clear out app data before I freeze the app, or will it be "removed" (and therefore not counting towards my limit) automatically?

3. Have you (or anyone else reading this) frozen the HTC Mail app? If so, does it interfere with anything else in Sense UI? I'm thinking specifically of the Mail area under each contact.

Thanks!

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
(Just posted this over on Phandroid, but then noticed you hadn't logged in there for a bit... sorry all for the crosspost.)

Hi Dev,

I just rooted last night and this looks like exactly what I need, as getting rid of unwanted apps is pretty much all I want to do at the moment and I would really still like to be able to get OTA updates without any problems.

I have a few questions about this app, since I'm new to rooting. Hopefully you'll see this post

1. Will this help with the "Application Data Space is Low" issue on my HTC Incredible?

2. Do I need to clear out app data before I freeze the app, or will it be "removed" (and therefore not counting towards my limit) automatically?

3. Have you (or anyone else reading this) frozen the HTC Mail app? If so, does it interfere with anything else in Sense UI? I'm thinking specifically of the Mail area under each contact.

Thanks!

1. No, moving apps to your SD card will fix this issue.
2. It will be removed in most cases, but it may not be until after a reboot.
3. I actually use it for my work email, so I haven't. It shouldnt be something that would prevent your phone from booting, so you should be able to freeze it and give it a shot and defrost if you have problems.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
We are looking to translate bloat freezer to other languages! If you are fluent in another language than english and would like to translate, please email or PM me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers