Help using tasker to enable/disable wifi based on SSID

toxikon332

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I have done a bunch of googling, but can't seem to get this to work properly on my HTC One M9.

This is the most recent approach I've tried:

Step 1 – Set Up Secure Settings
First, grab Secure Settings at the Google Play Store. Once it’s installed, open the app and tap Preferences and then tap the check box next to Device Administrator. Tap Activate. Step one is complete!

Step 2 – Set Up the Locking Task
The smoothest method of making Tasker add and remove the PIN on your device is by creating two separate tasks.

First, the locking task. Open Tasker, swipe to Tasks, and click the plus symbol in the bottom center. Title this first task “Lock,” tap the check mark, and on the next screen click the plus symbol in the bottom center to add a new action. Tap Plugin, Secure Settings, and then the pencil next to Configuration. Tap the drop-down box for Dev Admin Actions and then Password/Pin. Tap Disabled to change it to Enabled and then tap the “Pin Code” icon. Enter your PIN, enter it again, then tap Save. You’ll be returned to the screen in Tasker that allows you to tap the pencil for Configuration. Tap the back arrow on your device until you’re back at the Tasks screen.

Step 3 – Set Up the Unlocking Task
Now, let’s set up the unlock task. Tap the plus symbol at the Tasks screen, title this task “Unlock,” tap the check mark, and add a new action by tapping the plus symbol. Tap Plugin, Secure Settings, and then the pencil next to Configuration. Tap the drop-down box for Dev Admin Actions and then Password/Pin. This time around, however, you’re not going to do anything else. Leave the Disabled option as is, tap Save, and then back out to the Tasks screen. On your way back, however, you’ll notice that the configuration of this action has been set to Clear Password.

Step 4 – Use Profiles to Turn on the Lock
The first profile that you want to set up will use the “Lock” task you created in Step 2. Swipe over to the Profiles tab of Tasker. Tap the plus symbol at the bottom center and select State, Net, and Wifi Connected. Tap the spyglass to the right of SSID – this will search for your local wifi network. Tap the network when it comes up, then tap the check box next to Invert. Tap the back arrow. You’ll be presented with a list of your tasks to choose from. Select “Lock” and you’re done!

Step 5 – Use Profiles to Turn off the Lock
The second profile will use the “Unlock” task that you created in Step 3. Under the Profiles tab, tap the plus symbol at the bottom center and select State, Net, and Wifi Connected. Tap the spyglass to the right of SSID – this will search for your local wifi network. Tap the network when it comes up and then tap the back key. You’ll be presented with a list of your tasks to choose from. Select “Unlock.”
I'm too new here, can't posts links yet :S

I tried it using both wifi-near (inverse) and wifi connected (inverse) for the lock function. It seems to lock itself well if I first disable the lock in the preferences, but it doesn't unlock. The tasker profiles run properly (as tested by turning wifi on and off) but it once it locks itself it doesn't undo it.

Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae