Daughter's first phone, question.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So my daughter is getting her first phone today. I already have a way to limit calling, texting, data etc, but what I want to do is be able to actually limit the software on the phone as well. So, I definitely want to be able to put a lock in place so anything she does on the play store as far as downloads requires a password, so her mom and I know everything she downloads. I also want to be able to put a lock on the phone so at certain times I know she can't just wake up and use the phone anytime she likes. I still want her to be able to make calls, but I want to be able to lock down apps let's say at night. Any suggestions or help with this would be awesome. Thanks!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You're asking for a lot... What carrier do you have? Verizon has Family Base, which will tell you when, who, how long for calls and texts. It will also report app use, hours used, and all of that, if you install the companion app on the device to be monitored. As far as app installation the play store already does that if you set it up. It will require a password for downloads, I believe even for free apps. As far a locking the phone down between hours I don't know of anything that will lock it down, Family Base will report if apps are used and when, but the companion app may also offer a lock since it's all about "during school hours" and "late night" reporting??? If you don't have Big Red your carrier may offer something similar.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon, and have family base. I am hoping there might be something out there that can lock down the apps a little, so she can't just start downloading anything she wants.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
just get and app lock from the Play Store. Only you know the code only you can open the Play Store.

Posted via the Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Or use the tools built into the Play Store.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 21965.jpg
    21965.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 25

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have Verizon, and have family base. I am hoping there might be something out there that can lock down the apps a little, so she can't just start downloading anything she wants.

Hey get this app, I have used this app before when it was needed and it is very comprehensive hence the subscription price but it is worth it for your family. There is a free trial with all the features so there's no harm in trying it out. And it does everything you've said in this thread.

FIN123123

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
You might be able to do something with tasker but that would take a while to setup, but you could make a profile that auto tells you via pushbullet that she is on the phone, and you could use your email for emails from Google play about paid app installs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781